Culture Awareness in schools ONLINE COURSE
Earn 15 SACE CPTD points with this course
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This course is endorsed SACE
Culture Awareness in schools
In this course, explore the meaning of cultural awareness and explains why it is important in the workplace. Explore how you can promote inclusive practice and how you can plan for diversity and inclusion. Investigate the challenges of inclusion and how to overcome them. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
- You will learn that cultural awareness is an important and integral part of supporting diversity, equality, and inclusion
- You will learn that being aware of a person’s culture means understanding not only the outward expressions of that culture, but also the social aspects, intrinsic values, morals, and challenges of adapting to a different country and culture
- You will learn that the awareness of cultural similarities and differences are important within the childcare setting and are a requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Advantages of this course
- Cultural awareness is an important and integral part of supporting diversity, equality, and inclusion. It is at the heart of ensuring that all children and their families are valued and respected. In an early years setting, understanding other cultures will inform inclusive practice and meets on of the standards of the EYFS.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement and claim your CPTD points from SACE. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.