Understanding leadership and management ONLINE COURSE
Earn 15 SACE CPTD points with this course
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This course is endorsed SACE
Understanding leadership and management
In this course, you will think about the role of a leader and what an effective leader does. Explore a wide variety of leadership styles and the importance of communication. Learn how to deal with conflict in a way that leads to successful resolution.
You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- You will learn about the roles and responsibilities of those in leadership and management roles
- You will learn what a leader does and give consideration to what type of leader you are or might want to become
- You will learn about different leadership styles and the importance of adopting different styles for different situations
Advantages of this course
- This course looks at the challenges facing those in a leadership position and offers an introduction to the different leadership styles. It also includes leadership skills, such as the importance of communicating when leading a team.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement and claim your CPTD points from SACE. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.