ONLINE SHORT COURSE
Earn 15 SACE CPTD points with this course
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This course is endorsed SACE
In this course, you will gain an understanding of the concept of child development and how important it is to the work that we carry out with children. Discover child development theories and learn how to apply them to situations within your setting. Study aspects of development, including brain development, and from this understanding consider how best to prepare activities for children and guide their learning.
- You will learn that children’s development begins from the moment of conception
- You will learn that a child’s development is influenced by the adults who care for them
- You will learn to be aware of a child’s needs covering all five outcomes mentioned in Every Child Matters
- You will learn that individual children develop in different ways and that it is extremely important that every child is treated as an individual
Advantages of this course
- This course looks at child development theories and theorists, and why it is important to know how children develop when working with them
- It is important to understand the areas of child development to offer appropriate learning experiences and levels of support for each individual child
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement and claim your CPTD points from SACE. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.