An enabling learning environment ONLINE COURSE
Earn 15 SACE CPTD points with this course
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This course is endorsed by SACE
An enabling learning environment
You will gain an understanding of the areas of learning you should find in any good play environment. Explore how these areas promote learning and development and the part practitioners may play in this. Discover how to create a room to learn using a planned approach and how to adapt your plans according to children's needs, wishes, and desires.
This course is appropriate for childcare practitioners working in a range of settings.
- You will learn that in a richly resourced environment, children will learn naturally from all that is around them
- You will learn the importance of providing children with opportunities to learn independently and interact with their peers with minimal adult intervention
- You will learn to consider the possibilities for creating a flow between the indoor and outdoor areas of the setting so that children can move freely between them
Advantages of this course
- The learning in this course reflects the fact that children are naturally curious and want to explore and learn
- The course covers how to plan a room for learning, how to designate responsibility to staff, how to link the areas for learning and planned activities to the Early Learning Goals, and how to ensure that the learning environment meets the needs of all children, including those with special needs
- In planning and creating an enabling learning environment, this course also looks at ways of keeping costs low
- Video examples of effective enabling environments based on jungles and space are included
- This course also looks at the importance of including the outdoors, as well as the indoors, in the learning environment; introducing the idea of Forest Schools
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement and claim your CPTD points from SACE. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.