First time leadership ONLINE COURSE
Earn 15 SACE CPTD points with this course
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This course is endorsed SACE
First time leadership
In this course, explore the difference between leading and managing. Consider the ways in which you can adapt from being a friend to a line manager. Gain an understanding of the art of negotiation and look at your values and beliefs and how this affects your actions. Finally, explore your ability to manage time effectively.
You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- You will learn about the diffences between leading and managing
- You will learn ways in which you can negotiate with your team to achieve a win-win situation
- You will learn about key skills associated with time management and get an opportunity to reflect on how you perform in this area
- You will learn how a good leader can keep a sense of balance and evaluate the reasons for challenging circumstance
Advantages of this course
- Becoming a leader of a group of people for the first time means a number of changes, and this course offers information on how attitudes and behaviours may need to be altered in order to be an effective, efficient leader
- This course introduces the problems of leading a group you were previously part of, the need to learn negotiation and time management skills, and the issues of dealing with stress
- As a first time leader it is important to reflect on relationships and how they will change, and how personal values and beliefs will appear to others
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement and claim your CPTD points from SACE. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.