ONLINE SHORT COURSE
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This short course, aimed at employees across a broad range of workplaces, looks at the factors affecting how information is communicated within an organisation, the benefits of effective communication, barriers to communication, and the importance of ensuring everyone feels like they have been given clear direction and their views are being listened to and valued.
- You will gain a knowledge of communication models and theories
- You will learn about effective communication, and how it impacts on negotiation
- You will learn about barriers to effective communication
- You will also learn about body language and its effect on communication
Advantages of this course
- Communication is vital in every walk of life and it is something that most of us think we can do fairly successfully
- There are now a variety of methods we use when communicating: letters, agendas, notes, emails, and social media; Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are all widely used
- This course looks at written, verbal, and non-verbal communication, including how to actively listen
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the skills further
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.