Nutrition in the early years ONLINE COURSE
Earn 15 SACE CPTD points with this course
Course length: +/- 15 hours
About this course:
This course is endorsed SACE
Nutrition in the early years
This course, aimed at childcare practitioners and others involved in the nutrition of children, and looks at the importance of giving young children a good start in life through nutritious food to enable them to grow, develop, and have a healthy life. You will be introduced to the components of a healthy diet – including protein, vitamins, and minerals. Understand the importance of giving a portion of food reflecting the size of the child and of being very careful with food allergies and intolerances. The course also discusses food phobias.
- You will be knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet
- You will understand a well-balanced meal
- You will understand the importance of portion control
Advantages of this course
- It is important that anyone caring for children is knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet, from the food groups that make up a healthy diet to portion control
- This course includes aspects of nutrition from weaning onwards, introduces proteins, vitamins, and minerals, and looks at the latest legislation on food allergens and the food standards for schools
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option to print a certificate of achievement and claim your CPTD points from SACE. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.